Sunday, July 4, 2010

Final Fantasy XIII: A 'Hopeless' Situation



Anyone that calls themselves a JRPG fan probably has played Final Fantasy XIII. If you haven’t and intend to, here’s a spoiler alert. Also, the adorable fanart was done by http://jiin-chan.deviantart.com/.


First off, I adore Final Fantasy XIII. This is the first FF game that I’ve anticipated (I’ve been an Nintendo fangirl since 2002 and only got my PS2 in 2008) and I think it’s amazing. I’d played FF X and XII before but didn’t care for them too much, i.e I failed miserably most of the time. Only now that I’m almost done with FFXIII am I playing VII which is apparently the holy grail of video games. Most of you probably know the reasons FFXIII is criticized since it is a departure from the series. It’s too linear, there aren’t any towns to explore, the difficulty level is pretty measly, ect. All of those are valid reasons. I think there is one other reason why some players can’t completely love FFXIII. Hope Estheim. It seems that he just annoys the living sh*t out of most players. And yeah, I can understand that. But he’s just so... CUTE! He’s so sensitive and naive, you just want to hug him! Stupid Vanille got to do it, and I’m ninety percent sure she is a lesbian. Anyway, I think his character was made specially for the fangirls. Yes, he's an emo kid in the beginning then gets all happy and preachy but hey, he's cuddly.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I thought I was the only one! I thought Hope was the CUTEST. I remember hearing about how everyone was so frustrated with him, but while I was playing, he was fine in battle. In fact, Lightning died way more than him. I just don't think people were playing the game right. You have to be constantly changing your paradigms, not just "attack attack attack". Hope has to heal, too. Do that, and you'll just see a troubled boy who WATCHED HIM MOM DIE and the became a l'cie. A whiny brat? He had more spine than Snow (and was way more tolerable).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Hope is a great synergist, way better than Sahz. And Snow needs to realize his girlfriend is pretty much dead. I just put all the HP accessories on Hope and he was fine. I always used some sort of healer when building the stagger meter/buffing THEN went into attack mode. I also don't get why everyone LOVES Fang. I prefer Lightning all the way. Lightning/Vanille/Hope is a really good party ^^.

    ReplyDelete